Calculating Optimum Cost/Time Project Schedule
This post demonstrates how to calculate the optimum cost/time schedule for the given project network below.
Since activity H is on the critical path and has the smallest slope, we choose activity H for crashing.
Activity H is crashed by one time unit. Since activity B belongs to both critical paths BDGI and BEHI and has the smallest crash slope of 70 weeks, activity B is chosen for crashing. The total project direct cost is now 680$ + slope(H) = 680$ + 40$ = 720$.
- Whitbread World Sailboat Race: Optimum Cost/Time Scheduling With Project Priority Matrix
- Sample Forward And Backward Pass Calculation
- Sample Forward Pass / Backward Pass Calculation With Lag
- An Example Scenario Using Program Evaluation And Review Technique (PERT)
- Improving Scheduling Using Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM)